You have the potential to bring many skills, talents and abilities to the workplace either in a full time or part time capacity. Many people who visit JobAccess for information about disability employment are tertiary or trade qualified and hold senior managerial positions. Others are employed in manual or technical jobs, clerical or professional positions.
There are many benefits to participating in work, including:
- increasing your income
- increasing your self confidence and self esteem
- using your skills, talents and abilities to live a more independent life
- increasing your skills and abilities through training
- meeting many new people at work
- having the opportunity to make new friends and socialise
- improving your standard of living
- creating better linkages within your community.
In many instances, working can actually be good for your mental health and well being.
If you are looking for work and you would like help to find a job, a number of services are available to assist you.
Read about the stories of people with disability who have been successful in finding and maintaining employment.
Not sure where to start?
The JobAccess Advisers can provide you with information about how to achieve your employment goals. Call them on 1800 464 800 or contact them online: